[digiKam-users] Choppy AVI video playback with appimage

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 13:35:46 GMT 2021

Hi,

The reason is simple. AppImage is compiled with an older Linux host to
provide the best backward compatibility with all Linux distro. The
ffmpeg version used inside is an old one.

Solution: migrate the AppImage build system to a more modern linux
host with the last version of ffmpeg. It's planned, but with a later
7.2.0 final release.

Best regards

Gilles Caulier