[digiKam-users] Refresh of the DB within local netword

Hubert Zillner hubert.zillner at zillners.de
Tue Feb 2 16:17:34 GMT 2021

Hello,

I have been using Digikam for some years and I find it quite appropriate for
the administration of my collection of photographs.
However one thing is very annoying now is the erroneous working within the
local network.

The configuration is:
Windows 10 Desktop Digikam 7.0: Collection of Photograps (jpeg), about
50000. Most of the persons are tagged with their names and many images are
provided with GEO coordinates. There is a lot of update activity to reach
this level of information on it.

For presentation and update activities I have tried to use a Windows 10
notebook Windows 7.0  within the local network, which is connected via WLAN.
The database of this notebook is local and the images are being retrieved
from the desktop.

At the beginning there is a collection of all images or searching of new
items to create the local DB, which takes some hours of time. During this
process before finishing everything runs normal, except the still missing
data. When the update process ends (100%) the searching of new item begins
once again and the whole collection is no more visible until the new run
creates the albums again. I think there must be al logical problem in the DB
control area or the settings of collections are wrong. I tried the Digikam
version 7.1 as well unseccessfully.

Best regards

Hubert Zillner