[digiKam-users] exiv2 corrupted image metadata

Hans-Peter Huth hans-ph at web.de
Fri Dec 24 09:19:34 GMT 2021

On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 05:19:30 +0100
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> digiKam come with own version of Exiv2.
>
> digiKam 7.5.0 pre-release bundle is compiled with Exiv2 0.27-maintenance
> git branch which must include fixx for this problem.
>
> https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/tree/0.27-maintenance
>
> Try digiKam pre release bundle here :
>
> https://files.kde.org/digikam/

I tried with the appimage, and yes, this now works. Great!

I do have however already some versions of the original images which still
have the old 'empty' Exif info. Is there an easy way to copy the meta data
from the original image to the versions? Manipulate the XMP file?

HP
--
Why taunt me? Why upbraid me? I am merely a genius, not a god.