[digiKam-users] Digikam is not finding new items anymore

r bartlett techwritebos at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 18:26:04 GMT 2021

I'm using 6.2.0 on Lubuntu 20.04LTS and have had no problems (Digikam's been wonderful, an incredible tool!) but recently Digikam has stopped finding new items.  The bar pops up and it has a progress bar for a few seconds, but it says finished without seeing numerous additions to my media library folder.

I believe the problem MAY (just a hunch) be caused by the fact that I switched to a new external hard drive, which has a different pathname.

I thought making a symlink to that would work, but it didn't.
I'd like to delete the current Images folder in the Digikam "Settings" but am worried that this will then mean when I add the new location it will completely redo, which will take days...I don't want it to see these as new, different files.  It's the same stuff, just in a different location.

Can someone help me with the best way to handle this?
Thank you!