[digiKam-users] MacOS Monterey

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 08:40:40 GMT 2021

Hi,

digiKam MacOS package is currently compiled under BigSur, not yet
Monterrey. We wait until this MacOS version becomes more mature.

The compilation is processed with Macports and a backward compatibility
with MacOS 10.13. Typically, the compatibility with Monterrey must be fine.

Currently the PKG is not universal and requires the M1 Apple emulator mode
for X64_86. It works perfectly like this. Universal package is planned, but
for the moment, a lot of dependencies compiled with Macports do not build
as Universal target. We also wait for M1 support for KEMU to be able to
install MacOS in a VM without buying a Silicon computer only for that. Note
that actually, we use a VirtualBox VM running MacOS BigSur to build digiKam
package. Personally, I also use a MacBook Pro Intel computer to test
digiKam on a real machine and I haven't yet switched to Silicon
architecture.

I don't yet see dysfunction under Monterrey in bugzilla. So i recommend to
test the 7.4.0 pre-release PKG available here :

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

Note : we are near the final 7.4.0 release, so it is safe to use this
pre-release version.

Best

Gilles Caulier