[digiKam-users] digikam data privacy questions

leoutation at gmx.fr leoutation at gmx.fr
Sun Apr 4 12:05:46 BST 2021

On 4/4/21 5:03 AM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Le dim. 4 avr. 2021 à 00:14, Markus Wachter
> <markus.wachter at yahoo.co.uk> a écrit :
>>
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>

>> I am planning to switching from Lightroom to digikam as I do not like the subscription model.
>>

>> So far digikam looks very interesting. After reading the privacy statement I am a bit puzzled.
>>
>> Amongst other things it says "For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to pictures. "
>>
>> What data digikam is collecting?
>> Is digikam  collecting data on my pictures and tags?
>> Does digikam collect data from the face recognition?
>
> Hi,
>
> Which Privacy sentence do you mean ?
> Where do you see this sentence ???
Hi
It's here:
https://www.digikam.org/support/privacy_policy/
"Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to
provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including
but not limited to pictures. The information that we request is will be
retained by us and used as described in this privacy policy
The app does use third party services that may collect information used
to identify you.
Log Data
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in case of an
error in the app we collect data and information (through third party
products) on your computer called Log Data. This Log Data may include
information such as your devices’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address,
device name, operating system version, configuration of the app when
utilising our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and
other statistics."

--
Maderios