[digiKam-users] Folders cannot be deleted in my collection.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat May 23 16:14:53 BST 2020

Le jeu. 21 mai 2020 à 18:34, Yves Thomazeau <yves.thomazeau at lilo.org> a écrit :

> Hello.
>
> It seems that having "migrate" from the original folder to a new one, the DB is now ok! From the few pictures i have controlled, the tags and geolocation ate still there and i can rename folders. No more error messages while launching in the console either.
>
> "Tout est bien qui finit bien".
>

> Now i still have one or two questions :-) : Is there any option to save the DB automatically in the soft?

In digiKam, no.

To backup a database,this one must be locked (aka all digiKam instance
stop to run), and a dump can be processed. Mariadb and Mysql provide a
tool for that.

For sqlite, when digiKam is down, just copy the database in
versionning repository (git for ex). I'm sure that you can found
delegate script for this task that you can cron.

> And what is the correct way to move or copy photos or/and folders with Digikam? (because i feel the problem came from that kind of handlings).

drag and drop is fine...