[digiKam-users] Further question about saving metadata

woenx marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 12:12:17 BST 2020

Just to complement my previous post, that option has been a lifesaver to me.
There were some cases where, due to a bug (now fixed), not all metadata was
being written automatically, so I had to run the "write metadata to file"
manually after doing any changes. Also, maybe you enabled the automatic
writing to metadata later on, so early files have still not been modified
with the new metadata. That option lets you manually select the files and
force-write the metadata to them, so you can make sure they are up to date.