[digiKam-users] Slideshow internals

David Griffiths david at digitalgraphics.com.au
Tue Jun 9 07:22:51 BST 2020

I am working on a large slideshow with Face Tags displayed. The problem is that
that names shown in the overlay are often not in the correct order that the faces
appear in the picture. I would like them in the correct order.
I assumed it was probably a matter of the order that the face tags were assigned,
but I have looked in the database and I can't see any connection between the tag
number and the display order.
Can anyone tell me how the slideshow selects the face tags?
What is the actual database query?
What file is this done in?  I have looked in the source but couldn't find what I
wanted.

My plan was to sort the order in the database based on the TagRegion - ie lowest X
value is displayed first etc.

Example:

Regards,
DG