[digiKam-users] Opening digiKam plugins interface to Python...

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Wed Jun 3 14:46:17 BST 2020

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 14:18:14 +0200
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for the future, and i finalize step by step the C++
> digiKam plugin interface (DPlugins). If you look in my github
> account, you will see activity about to port external tools to
> DPlugins. i also well advanced to port older Photo Layout Editor
> kipi plugins to cmake, Qt5, and Dplugins.

Should these thing be written in Python or in Lua? Lua is used by
Darktable and by Adobe's Lightroom...

I'm on Linux platform and Python is "built-in" aka included but to
install python on Windows is almost a nightmare because of the
plugins required...

It seems to me that people would customize DK more with Lua than with
Python.

And since it's the lock down, it's my 1.5 cent opinion...

--
sknahT

vyS