[digiKam-users] Renaming pairs of JPG/RAW

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 06:32:56 GMT 2020

This problem is not unknown, we also have bug reports for it. Whether the
import tool has a correct date depends on many factors. First, the reading of
metadata must be activated in the digiKam camera settings (slows down the
transmission). For RAW files that are read via the GPhoto interface, we cannot
read metadata via Exiv2, here the file date is only possible. However, the
file date of a camera can differ significantly from the actual date in the
metadata. In short, it is better to rename the file after importing it.

Maik