[digiKam-users] Cannot start recent appimage on Manjaro

Kai Blauberg kai.blauberg at kolumbus.fi
Tue Apr 28 12:12:56 BST 2020

Hei,
Just for the record, the same error message also with Fedora 31:
Regards, Kai

[digikam7 at localhost Downloads]$ ./digikam-7.0.0-beta3-20200422T062854-x86-64.appimage --
digiKam Linux AppImage Bundle-- Use 'help' as CLI argument to know all available options for
digiKam application.-- Notes: to integrate this bundle to your desktop, use AppImageLauncher.
--        to enable all debug messages on the console, use 'export
QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"'.libudev.so.0 libnss3.so -- Preloading shared libs:
:/tmp/.mount_digikaf7BThc/usr/lib64/libnss3.sounknown: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding
matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options
QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1,
blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior
QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace,
profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)unknown: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching
FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(),
depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1,
stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1,
colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)unknown: Could
not initialize GLX/tmp/.mount_digikaf7BThc/AppRun: rivi 157:11610
Keskeytetty             (luotiin core-tiedosto)digikam $@[digikam7 at localhost Downloads]$

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----Aihe: Re: [digiKam-users] Cannot start recent appimage on
ManjaroLähettäjä: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>Päiväys: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:21:56
+0200
Hi,
For security reasons, we switch from QtWebKit to QtWebEngine to renderHTML contents. Webkit qt
framework is no supported officially by Qtcompany since a while. We need to use WebEngine
(Chromium) frameworkinstead.
The Chromium stuff require OpenGL this is why you seen this kind oferror on your system, even
if we disable openGL support everywhere inQtWebEngine. I suspect that some part still try to
use OpenGL even ifit's disabled.
This is not a simple issue, not dependant of digiKam. QtWebEngine is amonster, take few hours
to be compiled here, and complex to tune inclient application.
Best
Gilles Caulier

--
Kai Blauberg