[digiKam-users] How to start a completely new and separate digikam from appimage?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 17:32:19 GMT 2019

An explanation of the paths. The path to the database is stored in the
configuration file or the corresponding database options (network address,
port, user, etc.) for a MySQL database. There is currently no album path that
is used, if you find such an option, it comes from a very very old
configuration. The album root path is stored in the database for each
collection. In current digiKam versions, it is very easy to adjust the
albumroot path in the collection setup if the collection has been moved to a
different drive or similar.

Maik