[digiKam-users] DNG files are not rendered

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 04:47:56 BST 2019

Le jeu. 27 juin 2019 à 22:37, Rafael Linux <rafael.linux.user at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Well, when looking for the DNG file generated some years ago with DK that
> is
> rendered as noise, I realized that "Advanced search" doesn't include "DNG"
> as image format.

This problem is know and it's just an old  mistake in database and type
mime registration.

Just to confirm, create an empty collection from scratch using a new test
account, include some DNG files, and try search tool to see if problem is
reproducible.

> Please, include it. I'll continue looking at hand, but
> today I didn't find it that way.
>
> At respect of the library, should I understand that DT does not use libraw?

yes, DT use a dedicated raw decoding engine internally.