[digiKam-users] waiting refresh

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 09:14:51 BST 2019

Le ven. 7 juin 2019 à 13:37, <leoutation at gmx.fr> a écrit :

> On 6/1/19 6:27 PM, leoutation at gmx.fr wrote:
> > Hi
> > In digikam-6.1, I meet some problem with F5 / "refresh".
> > When i edit pictures in Gimp, I use "refresh" to update modified files
> > thumbnails.
> > I notice that "refresh"/ F5 scans for new files then rebuild thumbnails
> > but, unlike maintenance tool, it ignores already scanned files. It scans
> > all files and rebuild all thumbnails each time I launch it. Consequence,
> > it is necessary to wait very long time... :(
> > Is there a way to avoid this?
> So, I come back to my first idea already mentioned here: creation of
> several shortcuts for maintenance. This would allow to choose how to
> scan, changed or not changed.

In general the "actions" registered in main menu/button are fully
customizable.

The internal action from maintenance tool do not respect this rules, as
there is an order to follow to run maintenance operations.

But for some action, we can of course run independently, but the tool is
not designed yet in this way.

So, i recommend to open a file in bugzilla with this wish.

Best

Gilles Caulier