[digiKam-users] Compilations

pinasse pinasse at byom.de
Thu Jun 6 16:31:06 BST 2019

Hi!

Using digikam 6.1.0 I'm missing an essential feature of a DAM. I tend to
call this a 'virtual album' or 'collection', but since both phrases are
already in use in digikam let's call it a 'compilation'.

This are the minimum requirements of such a feature:
- Compilations are virtual, no item is moved or copied
- A compilation may have an infinite amount of items assigned
- Any catalogued item may be assigned to any compilation
- A compilation may be assigned to any other compilation (sub-compilation).
- The sorting of a compilation is user defined (not on basis of any meta
data)
- Compilations are separated from other tags. It must not be mixed with any
other tag.
- A batch processor is needed to export the assigned items of a compilation
into a folder
- Items assigned to sub-compilations should be exported into sub-folders

A compilation has it's own meta data:
- a name of course :-)
- the date of creation
- a state if it is finished
- the date(s) of exports
- the purposes of exports
- for multi user environments: name of maintainer of the compilation
- for multi user environments: name of maintainer of an export

Does such a feature already exist in digikam; am I missing something?

Thanks for reading, pinasse