[digiKam-users] digiKam Templates

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 25 13:00:28 BST 2019

On jeudi 25 juillet 2019 11:41:28 CEST Northern Colorado Event Photograph
wrote:
> I have digiKam 6.0.0 installed on a Dell Latitude E6520 with 64 bit Win 7
> Pro SP1, i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA 4200M Graphics adapter.
>
> If I go to Settings/Configure digiKam/Templates:
>
> 1.  Enter Template Title in Template Title Field, click on OK.  Open
> Templates again and title field is empty.
>
> 2.  Select Country from drop down list, click on OK.  Open Templates again
> and country is reset to first in list (Aruba)
>
> Have I missed something?  I checked the Bug reports at
> https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=digikam and did not see
> any entry about this issue.
>
> Should I file a Bug report?
That sounds like the same behaviour I see, and I think it's the correct
behaviour.

That dialog allows you to create or edit one or more templates, to be applied
to various images. So you fill out the dialog and store it when you click OK.
Previously created named templates are listed in the list at the top of the
dialog, click on one from that list and you should see the previously entered
values for that template.

Open the dialog from the main window, and you get just the list of previoulsy
defined templates. All the fields below are blank, as you didn't select a
template to edit.

Remco