[digiKam-users] similarity search

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:52:40 GMT 2019

thanks Mario for your reply

answers inline

Le 09/01/2019 à 09:39, Mario Frank a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> I'll answer inline.
>
> Am 08.01.19 um 18:35 schrieb frederic chaume:
>>
>> Hi all
>>

>> didn't receive any update so far. is anybody having the same problem
>> or have tested it in DK6?
>>

>> thanks and regards
>>

>> frederic
>>
>> Le 05/01/2019 à 10:08, frederic chaume a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> last year I was trying to use the similarity search unsuccessfully
>>> ,now I have just installed the DK6 beta3 and tested it again. good
>>> news, I'm starting to get some result (I don't if something has been
>>> fixed or if I wasn't patient enough).
>>>
>>> now I have other questions (or request)
>>>
>>>   * when launching the search , no information of progress is shown.
>>>     we don't know if it started and when it completes. it could be
>>>     good if the progress can be shown in the process bar at the
>>>     bottom of the screen as any other execution (like adding a tag,
>>>     searching new pictures,...)
>>>
> if you use the duplicates search, you should get a progress bar.
> I assume you do a fuzzy image search (for only one image).
> Is that right? If yes, please file a wish bug request.

yes that's right, can you send me the link so I can submit it ?

Otherwise, this could be a bug.

>>>   * I have selected hundreds of album in several collection for the
>>>     search, but it seems that only the folder from the original
>>>     picture is scanned
>>>       o if I use the scaling from 70% and above, only the original
>>>         picture is shown
>>>       o when selecting 60% and below, more pictures are shown but
>>>         seems from the original folder
>>>
> This reads like you chose "restrict to reference album" in Restriction
> option.
> Try it with option "none"  or "exclude reference album".
>
> Also, there was another user request concerning the fuzzy search.
> See here for reference, as I wrote a bit about how the search works:
> http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-fuzzy-search-for-duplicates-how-to-use-td4707609.html

I read it , but for fuzzy image search I don't find any option relative
to tags or reference, only able to select albums (tags and albums and
restriction are not accessible in duplicate tabs, I triied to modified
it here but no effect on the picture search)

did I miss something

I can share screenshot if you want