[digiKam-users] Refresh not working

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Thu Feb 21 11:03:12 GMT 2019

Gilles

More on my problem with 5.9 with refresh not finding new items in a
folder when either saving from GIMP or Darktable or indeed copying
images from an SD card using a file manager (dolphin in my case).

I started digikam from a console and got these messages when doing a
refresh:-

digikam.general: Using  4  CPU core to run threads
digikam.database: No itemShortInfo could be retrieved from the database
for image "IMGP0001.JPG"
digikam.database: No itemShortInfo could be retrieved from the database
for image "IMGP0002.JPG"
digikam.database: No itemShortInfo could be retrieved from the database
for image "IMGP0005.DNG"
digikam.general: Event is dispatched through a passive pop-up
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a
layout
digikam.general: scan mode: ScheduleCollectionScan ::
("/home/stuart/Work/Graphics1/Pentax-K-70/2019/02/")
digikam.general: Cancel Main Thread
digikam.general: Cancel Main Thread
digikam.database: Folder does not exist or is not readable:
"/home/stuart/Work/Graphics11/Pentax-K-70/2019/02"
digikam.general: Event is dispatched through a passive pop-up
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a
layout
digikam.geoiface: ----
digikam.general: Using  4  CPU core to run threads
digikam.general: Action Thread run  1  new jobs
digikam.general: Cancel Main Thread
digikam.general: One job is done
digikam.general: Cancel Main Thread

Please note that digikam has read the folder shown and displayed the
existing photos which were in it to start with. Restarting digikam does
indeed show the new photos OK when it does the initial find of new items
at start up.

For some reason or other I keep seeing the following message

digikam.database: Folder does not exist or is not readable:
"/home/stuart/Work/Graphics11/Pentax-K-70/2019/02"

the path displayed is wrong in that it should read /Graphics1/ and not
as shown /Graphics11/

I am guessing that there is an error in the database somewhere but I
have no idea where it might be or how it might have come about. I also
guess that this might be the cause of the failure to find new items.

How do I fix it easily as the database has several 1000's of photos in
it and a total rebuild with take ages?

Stuart

--
Website: https://www.stella-maris.org.uk