[digiKam-users] Update thumbnail/preview after editing image in an external raw processor

Sheridan Price sheridanmp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 16:48:08 GMT 2019

Hello;

When I edit in an external program I create a jpg then use Exif to
overwrite the jpg stored in the raw file. In my case I use Nikon so with
Darktable the export parameters are:
same file name with_J4R appended, jpg 8 bit, quality 100, max size 3873 x
2592. Upscaling no.

The exif command is
exiftool "-JpgFromRaw<=%%d%%f_J4R.jpg"    -ext NEF -r
If you want it operate recursively add a space then a period after the -r

This at least shows me what the revised photo should look like even in
Digikam.

Regards
Sher