[digiKam-users] dk 5.9 with mysql server startup very slow

Rafael Linux rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 08:46:52 BST 2018

I think you should read  this thread
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Anyone-with-a-300K-photos-internal-mysql-database-tp4706440.html>
that I opened. Is basically  the same case, except cause the photos are
located in internal disk and using internal MySQL.

You can test if there is any improvement with Digikam 6 beta (be warned you
shoud backup you Digikam database, cause there are changes in it's
structure).

I can't try if there are substantial changes in startup speed cause I'm not
the final user of the PC I mentioned, so I can only make test in some
occasions. Meanwhile I told user that it will be solved next Digikam version