[digiKam-users] MTS video metadata

Guy Rutenberg guyrutenberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:15:01 BST 2018

Hi,

copy isn't the same as rename, as the container format itself changes. If I
understand correctly, the metadata is stored by the container and not in
the actual video stream. By using "-c copy" I copy the video stream as-is
to the new container (without the quality loss from re-encoding). The
problem is that it seems that ffmpeg does very poor job in metadata
handling.

Thanks,
Guy