[digiKam-users] Long shot re Digikam impact on Drives

Derek Keats derek at dkeats.com
Tue Mar 20 15:01:30 GMT 2018

Hi Folks,

This is a long shot, but has anyone ever experienced Digikam having an
impact on HDD life? I am on my third 4Tb hard drive in 3 months (Ubuntu
17.10, Gnome). The drive won't mount, and when I try to mount it, I get

Error mounting system-managed device /dev/sdb: Command-line `mount
"/photos/ exited with non-zero status 32: mount:P/photos: can't read
superblock on /dev/sdb.
(udisks-error-quark, 0)

Is there any possibility at all that Digikam could cause this? The disk
only has photos, and I only use Digikam to manage them.

I don';t want to replace it if there is any possibility that this could be
caused by Digikam. I know it is a long shot, but I have to ask.

Thanks
Derek

--
Dr Derek W. Keats, PhD
IT Strategy, Higher Education Strategy, Technology Innovation
Email: derek at dkeats.com
Phone: +27 82 787 0169 / +27 11 477 4954
Web: http://www.dkeats.com