Digikam file takes up a lot of space

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 12:00:22 GMT 2018

Every time you swap to a new batch of photos, just delete the thumbnails
database. You probably have thumbnails for all the photos you have ever
tagged in there, which is not useful if they are not visible to digikam
any more. In theory I think there is supposed to be some garbage
collection that will remove obsolete entries but it does not happen
immediately and who knows actually how well it works. With your comments
it sounds like it is not doing its job very well.

Andrew