[digiKam-users] How Hierarchial Tags Work

andreas at spheniscid.net andreas at spheniscid.net
Mon Feb 26 01:24:51 GMT 2018

Hello,

> However, if tag my a photo Alaska/Demonstration/Mine and another one
> Alaska/Demonstrations/Sluicebox, go to "Filter" and check the boxes in
> the
> hierarchy for Alaska and Demonstrations, I will see no photos in
> Thumbnail
> View.
There's an option in digikam to choose whether parent level tags should
automatically added when you use a sublevel tag or not (not sure where
out of the top of my head and far away from my own computer to check). I
assume it's set on not automatically the parent level, so you either
have to tick them manually or change thhe setting. At least, that's the
first thing I'd check.

--
Sincerely,

Andreas Ege, Dr. med. vet. MRCVS