[digiKam-users] Use file dialogs from the system doesn't seem to be working

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 18:28:15 GMT 2018

We talk already about this problem in the pass.

You must know that native file dialog pass through qt plugins interface.

In the AppImage scripts, i don't resolve the GTK dependency for the native
file dialog Qt plugin, to be able to use the gnome like file dialog.

Same problem about KDE stuff. The framework from KDE providing the KDE file
dialog is not installed.

Why ? : to reduce the puzzle, because it's not a simple dependency. If you
want to support all the native file dialog cases, you will create a linux
distribution. This is not the goal, this is not my goal. I want to reduce
this infernal complexity of Linux world...

VoilĂ  for the origin of the problem.

Best