[DigiKam] Export to Directory? (then to Facebook)

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:09:26 GMT 2018

Since I can't get any of the exports to work, I'm wondering if there's a
way to simply export selected files to a directory, then I can use some
other tools to export the files in a local directory to wherever they're
going.

My use case:  I've select a handful of the many photos I've taken on a
particular day, added a description, and now want to post them to
Facebook.  Since "Export to Facebook" doesn't work, I'm thinking I can
simply save them to a temporary directory and manually upload them to
Facebook.

I could add them to a queue, then configure the queue to re-render the
photos to another directory, but if they're already JPEG, I don't want to
re-render them.  I'm thinking an "Export to Folder" would simply take the
selected images and copy them to folder.

Plus, aren't queues really used for batch conversion of RAW files?
Definitely doesn't feel right.

Suggestions on going forward?   I quite like DigiKam for tagging photos and
adding other metadata, but I'd really like to be able to post selected
photos to Facebook and Flickr with that metadata.

Thanks,

Tac