[digiKam-users] Crash when entering Captions. Version 5.9.0

papertape plowmail2010 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:58:11 GMT 2018

Version 6.0.0 Beta 3 crashes also.

No crashes when I run other programs.

I have been assigning tags and "stars".  The machine freezes after an hour
or two.

To recover, I cycle power.  Then I find an image file filled with zeroes.
The file's modification time coincides with the crash time.

The cause could be some synergism among DigiKam, the file system, the OS,
TotalAV antivirus, Acronis Active Protection, Adobe Creative Cloud, SQLite,
the disk controller, USB, the ASUS motherboard driving chips, the CPU, the
memory, and God Almighty.

I advise ignoring, unless others see the same weirdness.