[digiKam-users] How to begin develop plugin for digikam 6+

Stefan Müller stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 23:49:49 GMT 2018

Hallo there
Is there any documentation available for the new plugin model?
I know that there were two email notification this summer, new plugins
interface for 6.0.0
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/new-plugins-interface-for-6-0-0-td4706292.html>,
but still I cannot find any detailed documentation. The only thing what
I find is [digikam] How to begin develop plugin for digikam
<http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digikam-How-to-begin-develop-plugin-for-digikam-td4680666.html>
but this now depreciated due to the change of the interface.

I reckon it is not only me who is wondering what can be done by plugins
and how deep they can intervene in DK.
I assume that I could help to solve or facilitate use cases or feature
request what involves scripted actions what normally would require tio
make use of a collection of DK tools, database operations or file
operations.
Currently I can think of

  * Multi-user with mysql server
    <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/Multi-user-with-mysql-server-td4693390.html>
  * [digiKam-users] Multi-user digiKam setup?
    <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Multi-user-digiKam-setup-td4707375.html>
  * [digiKam-users] Use digiKam with a NAS and MariaDB
    <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Use-digiKam-with-a-NAS-and-MariaDB-td4707031.html>
  * [digiKam-users] Move behavior
    <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-Move-behavior-td4707515.html>
  * [digiKam-users] 'open with' as a toolbar button
    <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-open-with-as-a-toolbar-button-td4707364.html>
  * [digiKam-users] temporary port photos and metadata from
    MariaDB/network share for editing when offline / being on the move
    <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digiKam-users-temporary-port-photos-and-metadata-from-MariaDB-network-share-for-editing-when-offlinee-td4707511.html>

Would it be possible to open a section for plugins on the digikam homepage?
Its content shall be fed from github to allow the community to
contribute easily to DK in sense of plugins plus their documentation and
developing information. I hoping that will grow quickly to something
sustainable to allow easy familiarization on how develop plugins for
digikam.

enjoy the rest of the and don't get lost between the years

Stefan