[digiKam-users] Corrupted digikam database repair - easy solution?

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Wed Dec 12 09:39:43 GMT 2018

Le 11/12/2018 à 11:04, zwyklydigikam a écrit :
> jdd at dodin.org wrote
>> didn't you make a backup before using experimental thing?
>>
>> do you have data also saved on image or sidecar files?
>
> I use experimental from start, generating default SQL db takes about 2 days
> with 200k images, and everything is slow. MySQL is the only choice.

I use personally internal database and write to image with approx 60.000
images. I never had corrupted database and have a loose database save
policy, the only thing I have really in the database is tags and they
are in image files anyway. I *sometime* have a faulty jpg (it shows with
part of the image grey) and I rebuild it from source (I always keep
original images in a separate folder, never touched)

> I never save on image.

may be you should or use sidecar file

> I have old backups but how can i be sure if it IS a good backup?

that's all of your own. make as many backup you feel necessary (for
example just before a huge work). Did you aver experiment a disk crash?
this I did, more than once.

  Lets say
> someone is making backup every month, database is 4gb. Now your DK crashed,
> and you use your backup, but your backup is damaged,

why should it be? if so take the previous one...

> Going back to my problem, how to repair mysql database without backup? I'm

may be begin to dump the database with mysqlbackup, so you will have a
text (sql) file to look at?

jdd

--
http://dodin.org