[digiKam-users] appimage

Rafael Linux User rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 11:52:20 BST 2018

As an (advanced) Linux user, I see appimages are just like "portables"
applications in Windows. They are not intended to replace installed
applications. They are practical solutions to specific situations, so the
user has the chance to decide if that's what he need or not for those
situations.

For example, I have been using appimages of GIMP cause it was the simplest
way to have in my system the 2.10 version. It was not the easier way to
work with it, but for me to have it was a priority over commodity.

And for beta testing I think it's a great solution, instead wait to have it
in repositories or to compile by ourselves.

Appimages are a great idea IMHO.

Regards