[digiKam-users] The future of 6.0.0 bundles and C++11 support...

Dan Kaczor djkarch at djkarch.com
Sun Apr 1 20:26:27 BST 2018

Among the many reasons some of us have switched from Windows to Linux
was the ability to preserve older investments in computer hardware. We
have 6 computers currently in the house, only 2 are Windows, 1 is a
laptop with Windows x64. The other 4 computers are running 32 bit Linux
of various OS's. We also get donated old computers from people. We make
some simple refurbishments, install Linux (usually Mint 17+ or 18) and
put Digikam on all of them then give them to families and the elderly
who cannot afford computers.

So I vote not to drop Digikam 32 bits. Otherwise we will stop updating
Digikam at whatever version 32 bits support is ended.

Dan
Using Digikam since 2.5 (I think)