Digikam slow at startup

Mario Frank mafrank at uni-potsdam.de
Mon Sep 25 14:38:46 BST 2017

Hey Kenneth,

sorry for the long delay. I just had some time trying to reproduce your
problem.
In fact I could reproduce it. The problem seems to be that the last
fuzzy image search
you did is retreived on startup. We had that problem fixed some time ago
but it seems
to pop up again. This seems to be a regression. I will dig into the code
as soon as I can.

As a workaround, try the following.
Start digikam, go into the fuzzy image search and set the lower
threshold to 90 and the upper to 100.
Then do a fuzzy image search on some image. Close digiKam and restart it.
The start should be much faster than.

Regards,
Mario