Edit meta data for many files

Noeck noeck.marburg at gmx.de
Sun Sep 24 14:12:24 BST 2017

Hi,

I would like to add meta data to my images – for instance, the place
where a picture was taken. For a single image that works with the menu
entry "Edit metadata". But for many images, the batch queue manager only
allows me to apply a template.

I have about 200 places and 50 photographers. That makes several
thousands of combinations for meta data and I can't make a template for
each of them.

Is there a way to change meta data fields for many images as easy as I
can write a caption or title? Or do I have to do it myself outside
Digikam e.g. with exiftool?

Thanks in advance for any pointer how to mass-edit metadata!

Joram