digiKam crashing on every second or third XCF file - is there a config file I can modify?

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Oct 28 18:50:51 BST 2017

On 10/28/2017 01:40 PM, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> If i remember, the XCF is add in database parser by default. In Setup mime
> type, you can remove XCF extension to add "-xcf" to the image format field.
> Look in widgets tooltips for details or in documentation :

I did this initially. Then I removed "-xcf" from the mimetypes list
(using the digiKam options in the UI) in order to load in the XCF files.

My specific question is:  In what digiKam or other "rc" file are the
additions and removals from the mime types stored?

Having to recreate the digiKam database from scratch just to change the
mimetypes is a bit overkill. So it would be nice to be able to just open
the text file in which the mimetype settings are stored, edit a line,
and then restart digiKam.

Best,
Elle