Digikam dropbox

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:00:36 BST 2017

I installed digikam on my laptop and set it up and it works as described.
I later installed it on my desktop and was doing the set up and have errors.

I'm running ubuntu 16.04 LTS on both machines.

Digikam 5.5.0 on both.

My photos are stored in a dropbox folder that is shared between both
computers, same name different ultimate paths to the folder.  I had saved
the database information to that shared folder also.

I did the default setup and have the Collection not found on the desktop.
I have three options....
1. shows me the actual location on this PC
2. Location removable collection
3. Do nothing.

What is the best method to run the program on both computers?  Do I need to
point the PC to the correct folder?  Will this then affect the laptop?

Do I need to store the DB files in another folder, or are they not the real
issue

Can I not run this on both PC's, if so that is ok.

Thanks,

Dennis