dk & laptop

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun May 28 22:08:14 BST 2017

I would clean install digikam on the laptop and imported the pictures I wanna work on there and make sure to write metadata in either images itself or sidecars (or both).
In that case you will be able to just copy the pictures (with or without sidecars) back your digikam collection on the desktop and press Ctrl + A then go to menu "Item" - "Read metadata from files".
"Write metadata to images" is the most portable way but it won't work for video files and raw images. Sidecars work for any type of a still image or a video file.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: digikam at 911networks.com Date: 2017-05-28  1:28 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: dk & laptop
I'm using DK 5.5.0 on my desktop with sqlite.

I want to also use it on my laptop, but when I'm away. I'm be going
for 3 weeks.  I want to start tagging, descriptions... during my
trip.

How can I xfer the work done back to the main/desktop db?

--
sknahT

vyS