Unable to add target album

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 20 10:33:24 BST 2017

On mardi 20 juin 2017 11:06:18 CEST Peter Mc Donough wrote:
> Am 20.06.2017 um 10:44 schrieb Remco Viëtor:
> > On mardi 20 juin 2017 09:43:29 CEST Ronald HUGHES wrote:
> >> Kubuntu 16.04
> >> digiKam 5.5.0
> >
> > ... So, first thing I'd suggest is that you start fresh;
> > backup and then /remove/ the local files created by Digikam. For me those
> > are stored in ~/.local/share/digikam. ...
>
> "remove" can be problematic.
> In cases like this I prefer renaming the old files, start the program
> again and look, what has changed.
> This is also very helpful if you ever have to install an new "home" and
> want the configuration files of your previous "home"
>
> Your home directory as user, digikam not started
>
> find ~/ -iname '*digikam*'
>
> won't do any damage and you see where digikam left traces, then
>
> mv [whatever] [whatever.old]
>
> and start digikam again.
> with an other "find" you get a list of old and new digikam and can
> salvage from the old version what you need for the new on.
> And if you don't like the result, you can always reverse what you did.
>
> cu
> Peter
I *did* write "backup and remove"...

But yeah, for an experienced user, yours is a better way. For a new user,
unfamiliar with the program, I think it's more likely to confuse him than
anything else. Especially since I got the impression from the original post
that some more things had been messed up over the various re-installs.

And, as a new user, it's not likely he'd lose any work (provided he keeps
back-ups)

Remco