Digikam 5.6 on ppa?

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 20:11:17 BST 2017

Official xenial packeges will not likely get any updates like that of QT.

What one could hope for is that there is an other reliable PPA with at
least QT 5.6 for xenial that could be used as source for a special build of
digikam with/for that. The kubuntu team have done backports like that
before on their PPA but it mostly depends on if they need to update QT to
build new versions of KDE. If they would do it then I could use it for
digikam (as I have done in the past).

/Philip