Migrating to MySQL Internal fails

Thomas thomasdn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:00:35 GMT 2017

> Which digiKam version do you use ?

Digikam version 5.4.0.
KDE frameworks: 5.29.0
Qt 5.7.0 (built against 5.7.0)
xcb windowing system

This is what I do:

Open digikam with my current collection that is using sqlite.

Then open Settings > Database Migration

Then I do not change anything on left side.
On right side, I change type from SQLIte to MySQL Internal.
I then set the path where I want to store db. (actually I leave it
unchanced as ~/Pictures)
Then I look in the box named MySQL binaries. It lists two binaries:
mysql_install_db and mysqld. Both have a checkmark on the left.
There is an option to "Change or download". I do not touch these.

Then I click "Migrate ->"

And I get the error:
Error while opening the target database.

I have plenty of free space.
There are no permission problems on the folder, etc.

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas