Export doesn't recurse into sub-directories - should it?

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 12:40:32 GMT 2017

On 07/01/17 13:32, Chris Green wrote:
> Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>> I'm trying to use digikam's export facility.  I thought it was just
>> what I needed until I discovered that it doesn't seem to recurse into
>> subdirectories.  Is this right or is it a bug?
>>
> Any comments about this anyone?

The export facilities are kipi plugins and they are only aware of the
current selection of items. So even though there is an export entry in
the context menu of the album-/tag-tree in the left sidebar, the export
plugin only knows about the selected items in the main view. This is
somewhat counter-intuitive.
So what you need to do if you want to recursively export all pictures is
to select the base album/tag and in the view menu check the option
include album/tag subtree. Then select all items in the main view
(ctrl-a) and finally select the export tool of your choice.