Export to google photos seems loosing the orientation

Matthieu ermelir at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:10:32 BST 2016

Hello list,

I'm trying to export some RAW files to a google photos custom folder.

Export settings are:

- resize (72dpi, max dimensions 2048px)
- tags path behaviour: split tags

When I browse pictures into google photos, the portrait pictures are not
well oriented.
If I display the exif tags for one of the RAW photo, settings are ok. I
haven't check for all pictures, but in digikam they are all well oriented.

It seems it concerns only RAW files (CR2 and NEF), not JPEG files but I'm
not sure.

Is there a setting I forgot - before or during the export - to keep the
appropriate orientation?

digikam version 5.2
* KDE Frameworks 5.18.0
* Qt 5.5.1 (built against 5.5.1)