How to change digikam collections type?

Matthieu ermelir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:46:59 GMT 2016

Dear list,

After a new installation of my operating system, I had to reinstall digikam.
In the first launch, digikam asked me if my existing pictures folder was a
previous collection? I said yes, but it's a removable device.
Now my collection appear in digilkam as  "collection in a removable device".

I think it could be better to list this collection as "collection in a
network share".

Is there a way to change this collection from "collection in a removable
device" to "collection in a network share" without loosing something?

I have database skills if this parameter is stored in the digikam database.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards