[Digikam-users] XMP data and moving image files

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Sat Mar 19 19:14:44 GMT 2016

Hi,

Yes. But this also happens when dragging files outside Digikam.
I think this should not happen (drag & drop or copy & paste to an outside application should always be a copy operation, moving should only be possible within Digikam and cause the expected behavior - e.g. if I move images in the tags view Digikam should just adjust the tags, not physically move the file).

I just found out the hard way that it is possible to *move* all images that have a specific tag (selected in the tags left sidebar) to an USB stick. It took me half an hour to sort the images back into their folders … :-(  And Digikam did *not* also move the XMP files - they stayed inside the respective folders. It’s probably also possible with the faces view or the locations view … this is not good. IMHO.

Is this a bug? It certainly looks like one to me. (Digikam 4.14, Linux Ubuntu LTS 14.04, philip5’s packages)

Is this still the case with Digikam 5?

Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de
Keine Lust auf Müll in ihrem Postfach? www.spamfreemail.de