[Digikam-users] output device profile

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 1 21:39:10 GMT 2016

On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 04:34:06 PM Elle Stone wrote:
> On 03/01/2016 04:22 PM, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:
> > Again, choosing my display profile is no problem, neither is the camera
> > profile. It's just the output device who doesn't want to play ball..
>
> Is your output device profile an RGB profile or a CMYK profile? These
> days not all printers use CMYK profiles. The last I checked (a long time
> ago), digiKam only allowed to select CMYK profiles as output profiles.

Hi,

My printer is a cheapish epson stylus printer. But it's not as much for
printing as for soft-proofing photo's before I send them off.

But then again, digikam looking for CMYK profiles could be the problem. Until
now I had mostly display ICC's not thinking digikam would be smart enough to
actually know the difference (and besides, my output could be a special
display.. ) so I expected the general bunch of ICC files to show up.
But if that's already an issue, then I will have to find printer files first..

Thanks!
	Gerhard

--
My blog: http://www.funsite.eu/