Renaming and Image Versions

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Mon Dec 26 19:00:03 GMT 2016

Hello,

As far as I can tell, batch-renaming multiple files only ever renames
the most recent version of a file, but leaves older versions unchanged.

This means that e.g. the files

my_picture.jpg
my_picture_v1.jpg

become

my_picture.jpg
2016-12-26_1.jpg

Amazingly enough, Digikam still correctly tracks the version dependency
between the files.

However, I actually need to rename *all* versions of an image, i.e. the
above should become

2016-12-26_1.jpg
2016-12-26_1_v1.jpg

Is there a way to achieve that?

(I need to rename all files because my old naming scheme uses some
characters that are not supported by a filesystem that I'd like to use).

Best,
-Nikolaus