migrating from 4 to 5 and no database usable

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Dec 22 16:56:12 GMT 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> Well it should be. ... or are you saying that you don't have all the
> metadata in your images?

No, I don't.
Personally, even this should be avoided, I believe that having it in a
database is something useful.
While I understand that, when migrating, it could be easier to have
each image as more self contained as possible, you loose the
capability to automate some off-line bulk operations that can scan the
database itself. And, in the case of a network capable database, you
can have access from different workstations and, well, usual
networking stuff.
I believe that in the case of domestic usage sqlite or self contained
images are the best solutions, for a more complex environment a
database is the only choice.

Luca