changing time and date in digikam

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Sat Dec 3 08:49:08 GMT 2016

Dear all,

I am using digikam for a long time on ubuntu (current version 16.04)
I just switched from 4.12 to 5.3 because the old version crashed
consistently on changing time and date of a few photos and I thought I'd
try my luck with the newer version.

So I installed 5.3 from ppa. However, in the new version I can not seem
to find some functions:
How can I filter for certain pictures in a folder? In 4.2 I could simply
apply a text filter and it would select only those files in the current
working folder.
How is this done in 5.3? I found the advanced filter, but it is much
less convenient. Am I missing something?

And I couldn't find the "Adjust time and date" at all. Is this gone? How
can I add or subtract a few hours from a selected set of picture to
adjust for timezone shifts (or forgotten Daylight saving.. :-)
Where is it hidden?

Kind regards,

Bert