digikam 5.1.0 start-up hanging on OSX

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:24:24 BST 2016

The scanning collection register album on database. It can take a while but
i suspect that data HDD is USB one. right ?

If yes, it a really slow solution. The best : USB3 minimum + SSD, not HDD.

Here, i use 1Tb SSD to howst all my collection (250Gb) and it take 30 mn to
scan all albums.

Database is sqlite.