[Digikam-users] timeline vs tags

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Tue Sep 22 22:17:14 BST 2015

Alan Pater wrote:
> Not sure about the timeline function, but I would hope that it follows
> Metadata Working Group guidelines:
>
>     http://www.metadataworkinggroup.org/pdf/mwg_guidance.pdf#page=37

Thanks for the pointer. This is a very interesting document.

I'm currently also struggling with date/times added manually to scanned
images.

Of course I can add some information on the "Digitized Date/Time", but
the problem is that each time stamp *must* be a complete date and time.
So if I only know the year and month but not the day of month when the
scanned photo I'm scanning was originally taken 20 years ago I always
have to use a fake date, e.g. using "01" for the day of month, and
"00:00:00" for the time even if this is not correct.

It would be better to be able to specify dates like "1935-07" if the day
and time are not known, or just a year number, but it looks like the
metatags don't support this.

Martin